Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great addition to practically any Latin American dish- from taquitos to taco salad! You can also use cilantro here, though I prefer parsley.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 sliced serranos or 2 jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- diced fresh parsley leaves (I use these instead of cilantro)
- Boil chicken breast, 1/2 of the onion sliced, and chiles until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred the chicken into bite size or smaller pieces.
- Fry in a skillet the other half of the onion, diced, the garlic, and the parsley leaves for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- (I also like to add the boiled chile here to add a little kick.)
- Serve as meat for empanadas, taquitos, burritos, atop a taco salad, or use your imagination!
Wonderful! I loved the addition of the onions and garlic. I cooked my chicken breasts in the crock pot all day in garlic chicken broth with the onon and peppers. It made for very easy shredding. I made these into tostadas for dinner. Will be making again soon. Thanks so much for posting!