Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I did a bit of tweeking to. To be used as Salt in brines or for dry Salting. This is for 25 lbs of any kind of meat.Go to my Classic Brine for Poultry, Shellfishs and Pork Classic Brine for Poultry, Shellfish and Pork for times of brining different cuts of meat!
- 3 lbs sea salt
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons juniper berries, dried
- 1 bay leaf, dried, crumbled
- 6 sprigs thyme (leaves only)
- 8 cloves, whole
- Place all but the salt and sugar in a coffee grinder used for only herbs and grind. Mix in with to sugar and salt.
- To make the brine add 1/2 cup mixture to 1 quart liquid be it water, apple juice, & or beer.
I love this! I made extra and will keep it on hand to use in many dishes. Thanks Rita!!
I used this for Sensual Chicken With Champagne - Fabulous! Quick and Easy with a wonderful flavor! I had to use a mortar and pestle but other then that followed the recipe exactly.
This smells amazing! DH made half this recipe to use for a brine for a 12 lb turkey that he is going to make - practice run next weekend for Thanksgiving. Will let you know how the turkey comes out.