Liz The Chef's Note:
When in the mood for a veggie burger this is a must!!! Kids loved them and ate every single bit of it. Love to hear what y'all think, leave a comment!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained, I prefer Goya brand
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (Maseca brand)
- 2/3 cup instant oatmeal
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer Olive Oil)
- 1Put the onions, garlic, basil, oregano, cumin, chili powder and eggs in your food processor and chop finely.
- 2Add the drained beans and the flour and then Pulse for just a few seconds to break the beans but if you like your burger to still have a texture don't over do it.
- 3Then add the oatmeal and mix w/ a spatula, and let it rest for 5 minutes to let the oatmeal soak all the extra fluid.
- 4Divide into 6-8 equal portions according to your preferences. And form into patties.
- 5Heat oil on a pan and fry them.
- 6Serve on a corn tortilla, topped with Shredded Cheese, salsa and Sour cream with a side of brown rice.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavor Full Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: