Recipe by Barb G.
A delicious entree that is easy enough for a weekday dinner, yet pretty enough for a dinner party. Serve with stir-fried summer squash, a salad and french bread. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Used this marinade on chicken leg quarters instead of Cornish hens because that is what I had. Next time I would use the juice of both the lime and the lemon along with the rind of each instead of the amount posted.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 rock cornish game hens, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare BBQ (Medium heat).
- Combine olive oil, chopped thyme, garlic,lemon peel, lime peel, honey, salt, and pepper in a baking dish and stir marinade to blend well.
- Place hens on work surface and cover with plastic wrap and pound gently with mallet to flatten slightly.
- Place hen halves in marinade in dish, using fingers, rub both sides of hens with marinade.
- Let marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill hen halves until just cooked through and skin is lightly charred, brushing with remaining marinade, about 12 minutes per side.
- Arrange hen on plates and garnish lemon wedges, lime wedges, and fresh thyme sprigs.