Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very easy basic dough to make those nice flatbread pizzas, freezes really well too
- 3 lbs bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 quart warm water (110 degrees)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine yeast, water, sugar, and dry milk. Whisk together to combine well and allow yeast to activate and bubble, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place flour and salt into a 5-6 quart mixer fitted with a dough hook and begin to mix on lowest speed.
- Add the wet ingredients and knead for 10 minutes. The dough should feel slightly tacky but not sticky.
- Remove from mixer and place on lightly floured work surface. Scale into 4 ounce balls and place on well oiled sheet pan with parchment paper, oil top and sides of the ball as well.
- To prepare : oil a 3 quart round bottomed mixing bowl and stretch the dough ball over the bottom of the bowl until about 1/8 of an inch thick. Place on a hot grill and cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Top with desired toppings and finish in oven 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Freeze any leftover dough balls.