Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple, delicious, healthy recipe that I adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks; A Spoonful of Ginger by Nina Simonds.
- Tear the stems from the spinach.
- If using other greens, cut away the tough ends.
- Toss the greens in a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Drain and place in a bowl near the stove.
- Heat a wok or a skillet, add the oil, and heat until near smoking.
- Add the greens and garlic and toss lightly with a spatula for about 20 seconds, then add the rice wine and salt and toss lightly over high heat about 1 minute or less, until the greens are slightly wilted but still bright green.
- Scoop out the greens and garlic, leaving most of the liquid, and arrange on a serving platter.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.