Hey Jude's Note:
This is a simple, delicious, healthy recipe that I adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks; A Spoonful of Ginger by Nina Simonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear the stems from the spinach.
- 2If using other greens, cut away the tough ends.
- 3Toss the greens in a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- 4Drain and place in a bowl near the stove.
- 5Heat a wok or a skillet, add the oil, and heat until near smoking.
- 6Add the greens and garlic and toss lightly with a spatula for about 20 seconds, then add the rice wine and salt and toss lightly over high heat about 1 minute or less, until the greens are slightly wilted but still bright green.
- 7Scoop out the greens and garlic, leaving most of the liquid, and arrange on a serving platter.
- 8Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flash-Cooked Greens with Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 404.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g