Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
these are wonderful
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl -- cut in cream cheese and crisco till coarse crumbs form.
- stir in green onions, make a well in center --
- add milk stirring only till dough begins to stick and forms a ball.
- turn dough out on well floured surface.
- knead dough gently -- 10-15 times.
- roll or pat dough to 1/2" thickness.
- cut dough with a 3" biscuit cutter.
- place 2" apart on ungreased sheet.
- bake at 450* for 10-12 minutes or golden brown.