Recipe by YummySmellsca
Pass up the gooey, cheesy appetizers at the next holiday party – make these bites of creamy guacamole in crispy, flaky phyllo cups instead! You’ll get the same decadent experience but with healthy fats and lots of vitamins! Make these no more than an hour before serving them for the best appearance.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked cannellini beans (if using canned, use a low-salt variety and rinse well)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder (or ancho chile powder)
- 1 lime, juice of, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 very ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 15 miniature miniature phyllo cups, baked (I like The Fillo Factory's All Natural Mini Shells, which are vegan, preservative and trans-fat free)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, puree the beans, half the onion, jalapeno, pepper, cumin, chili powder, half the lime juice, garlic and half the salt until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and add avocado, tomato, remaining onion and remaining lime juice.
- Fold vegetables in well, then taste and add salt if needed.
- Place phyllo shells on a tray and fill each with the guacamole mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to serve.