1/4 Photos of Five Star Sourdough Buttermilk Biscuits
Abby Girl's Note:
These biscuits are to die for!!! They are a wonderful, light fluffy biscuit. I had been searching for a biscuit to use my sourdough on and I was not impressed with what I was finding. I had just been to San Fransisco for a holiday and these would rival any bread/biscuit that I had there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the buttermilk and the sourdough starter and let it sit on the counter until it has come to room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 425.
- 3Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well. Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- 4Combine the buttermilk/starter into the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms and it comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- 5Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds. Do not over work the mixture (you want to have small pebbles of butter showing.
- 6With a floured rolling pin, roll out to 1/2" thick. Cut biscuits and place on a lightly greased baking sheet with sides touching. At this point, you can brush the biscuits with melted butter if desired.
- 7Cover and let rest for 30 minutes in a warm place. Bake in the center of the oven at 425 for 10 - 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- 8Leftovers: The next day, when the biscuits have become soft and have lost their crustiness, run them under the broiler bottom sides first, turn them over and broil the tops until they are crusty again. Serve them with honey and you will think you have died and gone to heaven!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Star Sourdough Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: