Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
At a loss about what to make for dinner or as a snack, and you don't want to go to the store? This is super quick and delicious, and you can eat it as a meal or a bean dip. This is a great way to use up the bottoms of all the tortilla chip bags. If you don't have taco seasoning mix, there are lots of recipes on zaar to make your own. I didn't have enough pinto beans so I also used butter beans, great northern beans, and red beans. Recipe courtesy of Richard Mann/The Bean Bible.com
- 9 ounces tortilla chips
- 62 ounces pinto beans (drained and rinsed if using canned, 4 cans)
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn (drain if canned)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (drain if canned)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- onion, chopped
- sour cream
- jalapeno pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Mix well and pour over tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of optional garnishes.