Recipe by ChrisMc
Just a quick Chinese themed way of fixing chicken breasts - the prep time includes the minimum time for marinating.
Top Review by Lici
Very good! I have never had chinese five spice until I bought some to use in this recipe. It was really good! I marinated my chicken for about 4 hours or so. The chicken was so juicy, but the coating on the outside was the perfect crispness. I used some sesame seeds the I toasted instead of almonds.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons other cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped or 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and 1 tsp of the 5 spice powder, and marinate chicken for at least 1 hour.
- Combine the remaining 5 spice powder with the flour and dredge the marinated chicken.
- Dip the dredged chicken in the eggs, then roll in the nuts.
- Heat the oil and cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side.