Hot Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Hearty lunch or light dinner for 2. Great for those hot summer days. The preparation time includes the minimum marinade time for the chicken.
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 cups mixed salad greens, torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- Place chicken in shallow dish, pour teriyaki sauce over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken on microwave safe plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one corner to vent.
- Microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- While chicken cooks, mix the salad greens, water chestnuts, onions and pineapple.
- Mix the olive oil and 2 tsps teriyaki sauce; pour over greens and toss.
- Divide salad greens and place on 2 plates, top with cooked sliced chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation