Recipe by dancerchick1005
I found this cake on a food blog (http://alladither.typepad.com/halfassedkitchen/) and had to try it. As a college student, I'm always looking for quick, easy recipes that can be made without a lot of fuss, and this is PERFECT. No oven necessary-- just a few basic ingredients, a microwave, and a coffee mug. Delicious and simple!
Top Review by Optomom
This sounded awesome.... So I made it....making it lower in fat and cholesterol! I used unsweetend all natural applesauce instead of butter, one egg white only, 2 tablespoons of organic sugar instead of 3, added vanilla, and used organic flour and organic bittersweet chocolate chips... I garnished it with pecan pieces... My husband and I were able to SHARE one recipe serving!!!! It was delicious and FAST!!!! Cook time was perfect!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the egg, milk, and oil and mix thoroughly.
- If desired, add chocolate chips (coat with flour first) to the mixture.
- Coat the inside of a large mug with cooking spray. Pour the cake batter into the mug.
- "Bake" in the microwave on the highest power for 3 minutes, then let it sit in the microwave for another 2 minutes to set up.
- Dump the cake into a bowl or onto a plate and enjoy! Top with ice cream for a special treat.