Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 (3 ounce) fresh or frozen fish fillets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green peppers or 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking white rice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- In a 2-quart casserole combine celery, green onion, green or sweet red pepper, water, and tarragon.
- Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 4 to 6 minutes or till mixture boils.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spread rice mixture evenly in an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange fish atop rice.
- Cook, covered with vented clear plastic wrap, on high for 4 to 7 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.