1/1 Photo of Fish Veracruz With Green Sauce
sasha's kitchen's Note:
This is a Mexican seafood dish,I had a similar dish at a Mexican restaurant 2 weeks ago,since then I had always wanted to create one at home,I did some recipe research and used my imagination to create this one(my own version) last night for dinner,served w/ some Mexican red rice,black beans and corn tortillas,my husband and I enjoyed it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb salmon fillets or 1 lb any other white fish
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- sliced green onion, and lime wedge for serving
- 1Marinade:sprinkle fish w/ lemon juice and salt,cover and refrigerate for 20 minute.
- 2Sauce:Heat olive oil over medium high heat,saute the onion,bell pepper and garlic until crisp tender,stir in salsa verde and green chilies,bring to a boil.
- 3Combine:add the fish fillets to the sauce,skin side down,spoon some sauce over the top,reduce heat to low,cover and cook for 20 min,or until the fish is cooked.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Veracruz With Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 595.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g