Recipe by ErOnur
Typical Mediterranean ingredients combined in a flavourful way. A few drops of fresh lemon juice over the fish will give added zest!
Top Review by Rinshinomori
I really thought I would like this but had problems with the lentil puree. Perhaps I did not cook this long enough but after adding water little by little, my blender struggled to puree this. The taste was little bland which surprised me and had to add more lemon juice. It's somewhat similar to hummus but we thought hummus made with garbanzo beans taste better and smoother. I liked the concept of grilling fish and putting it on puree like this though. The taste was more like 3 1/2 and concept 4 1/2. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 4 white fish fillets (any kind would do)
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried and ground thyme
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme
- black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lentil until semi-soft and set aside.
- Saute crushed clove of garlic in half of olive oil in skillet and remove.
- Mix lentils,wine,lemon gratings,salt,pepper and ground thyme in same skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree lentil mixture in a blender.
- Divide lentil puree into 4 and place in 4 plates.
- Heat rest of olive oil in a pan and add fish fillets, cooking on both sides until"done".
- Place one fillet of fish over puree in each plate.
- Decorate with a twig of fresh thyme and olives.