1/1 Photo of Fish in Coconut Milk Curry
This is an original Swahili recipe from Kenya. Posted for ZWT7-Africa. I found this on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the fish in serving pieces.
- 2Chop the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and tomatoes in small pieces.
- 3Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- 4Sear the fish filets and put them on a separate plate. Do not cook through.
- 5Reduce the heat to minimum and add the pepper and onion. Saute until the onion is semi-transparent.
- 6Add the garlic, and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the fish filets.
- 9Cover the pot and simmer until the fish is cooked through, which should take up to 10 minutes.
- 10Serve with rice, boiled potatoes, chapatti, or broiled cassava.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish in Coconut Milk Curry
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 81.1 g