Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Using parmesan cheese to crumb the fish makes a delicious change to breadcrumbs. Recipe from 'New World' brochure 24 August 2009
Top Review by mama smurf
Used two tilapia fillets (cut the recipe down for just DH and I) and followed the directions. I knew this would be a hit with both of us being we love lemon and capers...just the right amount. Definately a keeper and going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting. (served with rice pilaf and a green salad). Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #83 - December 2013.
- 6 fish fillets
- 3 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup flour, seasoned
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- black pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peel and pith away from two of the lemons.
- Slice the lemon into thin rounds, removing pips as you go. Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the third lemon.
- Mix the flour and cheese together on a plate. Coat the fish fillets with flour and cheese.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until it is hot. Add fish fillets to pan and cook for about 2 minutes before turning over and cooking the other side for a further 2 minutes. Lower the heat.
- Add lemon juice, lemon slices and capers to the pan and allow the juice to come to the boil.
- Transfer the fillets to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley and ground black pepper.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes.