Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great company dish!
- 1 lb fish fillet, fresh or thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split fillets lenghtwise and roll up, fastening with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place in shallow 10x16" baking dish.
- Pour milk over fish.
- Add salt and pepper; bake 30 minutes.
- When done, pour off milk and add slowly to melted margarine into which the flour has been added.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add lemon juice and pour sauce over fillets.
- Brown quickly under broiler.
- Serves 3-4, depending on the size of the fillets.
What a lovely dish. Quick, easy and very tasty. Thank you!
a lovely way to cook fish. i used thawed salmon fillets and they came out real nice. i used really low fat milk and low fat margrine and it still turned out nice. i served this dish with penne in a garlic/lemon/parsley sauce. thank you for posting it bev.