Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
(Don't bother making these)I tried these again and they are no good. Add spices depending on what you are serving them with, I add a pinch of cayenne pepper. They go well with salsa and sour cream. You probably wont use all the breadcrumbs, but it is always better to have too much than not enough!
- 200 g cod fish fillets or 200 g haddock fillets
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Poach the fish until cooked, about 15 minutes, and dry with kitchen towel.
- Boil the potatoes until soft, 10 to 15 minutes, and drain.
- Flake the fish into a bowl and add the potatoes, spring onion, salt,pepper, and your spice of choice.
- Mash the mixture until it is smooth, and cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mould into 4 cakes.
- Brush with the egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Lightly brush a baking pan with oil, and put the fish cakes onto it.
- Cook at 175C for 20-30 minutes turning half way through.