Recipe by ktenille
This rice pudding recipe is the one that is served at all of our special dinners at church and is definetly one of my favorites. Nobody at our church knows who originally came up with the recipe but it's been used for decades.
- 1 cup rice (not instant)
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice, water and salt over medium heat until water is gone. (about 10 minutes).
- Add milk and boil until milk is ALMOST gone (do not scald).
- Beat well together eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Add this mixture to rice and stir well.
- Put in buttered 9x13 glass cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top 10 minutes before done.