Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A red cocktail with blueberry ice cubes for Independence Day. From First for Women, 6/27/11. Allow blueberry ice cubes to freeze for 48 hours before serving. This recipe is for 1 serving, using 4 blueberry ice cubes per tall glass.
- 12 blueberries
- water, to cover
- 4 ice cubes
- 118.29 ml cranberry juice
- 28.34 g vodka
- 14.17 g blackberry brandy
- 14.17 g triple sec
- 1 blueberries, for garnish (optional)
- 1 raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- 1 three-inch-long strip lemon rind, for garnish (optional)
- BLUEBERRY ICE CUBES:.
- In ice cube mold, fill 4 molds half-way with water. Freeze for 2 hours. Drop in 3 blueberries. Add water to fill those cubes. Place in freezer for 48 hours to set.
- Place 4 plain ice cubes in cocktail shaker. Add cranberry juice, vodka, blackberry brandy, and triple sec. Shake; strain into glass.
- Add blueberry ice cubes.
- Garnish with strip of lemon rind in an S-pattern around blueberry then raspberry.
Berry refreshing with a citrus kick! The blueberry ice cubes didn't work for me - when I went to add the second layer of water, the "half" cubes floated up. A solution may be to freeze the first layer at least 24 hours. This is a super tasty drink!