Recipe by Candace Michelle
This cookie recipe is from my boyfriend's mom. Not sure why they are called fireman cookies, but with oats, chocolate, and nuts I'm not sure how you can go wrong...except maybe with all that butter! OO and the dough is freezable.
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 lb butter (4 sticks)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts (you choose)
- 2 1⁄3 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients except oats to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate and nuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place 4 scoops on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until flattened and brown.
- You can freeze the dough you don't use in a plastic bag.