1/2 Photos of Fire Roasted Artichokes With Herb Aioli
This recipe came from Monterey, California, courtesy of Bobby Flay and Food Nation. I spent a few years in this area and love artichokes! Here's a good recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (or cilantro)
- salt and pepper
- 2 extra-large artichokes, steamed and cut in half with the choke removed
- 1Mix the garlic, scallion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil or cilantro, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Place the steamed artichokes in the mixture and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2To make the aioli:.
- 3Combine the bread crumbs, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and egg yolks in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil to make an emulsion. Add pepper and hot sauce, to taste. Add fresh basil or cilantro and pulse to combine.
- 4Preheat a grill.
- 5Remove the artichokes from the marinade and place on char-broiler or barbecue fire with the leaves of the artichoke up. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes depending on fire temperature.
- 6Remove from fire and garnish with herb aioli. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Roasted Artichokes With Herb Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1992.9
- Calories from Fat 1822
- Total Fat 202.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 498.0 mg
- Sodium 866.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g