Chicken Parmigiana (Courtesy of Bobby Flay)
photo by New Mom Kate
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water, and seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup pure olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs.
- Divide the oil between 2 large saute pans and heat over high heat until almost smoking. Add 2 chicken breasts to each pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and top each breast with some tomato sauce, a few slices of the mozzarella, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil or parsley leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family loves this recipe! I used seasoned Panko bread crumbs and sauted in olive oil. Be sure to pound the chicken no more than 1/2" thick so that it cooks perfectly. Pair this with pasta or a salad for a wonderful meal. (Bobby Flay's instructional cooking video for this recipe can be found at http://www.foodnetwork.com/chicken-parmigiana/video/index.html.)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I collect cookbooks.... I just can't get enough! :P