Sausage, English Muffin, and Cream Gravy Sandwich
This is the BEST! It is courtesy of Bobby Flay from the Food Network. This is unbelieveable! Careful though, it has some heat to it. Just enough if you ask me. This is posted as it was written, but I didn't use as many eggs. This is for 4 servings.
- Ready In:
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 thick cut English muffins, toasted
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (formed and cooked into 4 patties)
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup white cheddar cheese
Sausage and Gravy
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, casings removed if it has them
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (remove seeds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage leaf (I used dried)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Whisk together the eggs, water, onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Heat the butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and stir until soft curds form.
- Place the toasted English muffins on a baking sheet and divide the sausage patties among the halves. Scatter about 1/4 cup of the cheese over top and place under the broiler for a minute or so, just until the cheese is melted. Divide the eggs over top of melted cheese, then ladle some of the gravy(directions follow) over. Serve immediately.
Sausage and Gravy:
- In the pan you fried the sausage in, Add the jalepeno to the grease in the pan and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until thickened. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- season with sage and salt and pepper, to taste and cook for 5 minutes longer.