Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hot 'n flavourful. This salad will definitely impress your guests. Recipe originally from "Taste of Home Soups, Salads and Sandwiches"
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeño & onion; set aside.
- Combine the next seven ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Let stand until mixture comes to room temperature.
- Stir in cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain before serving.
This turned out GREAT!! SOP loved it, said it was delicious! Thank you.
Finally got around to making this dish from my "cookbook". Great salad for a cookout. We thought our serving bowl was too big so we didn't drain the recipe as suggested and poured it all over a huge serving of chopped iceberg lettuce.
make this exactly as written. thought it tasted too much like vinegar. although everyone else liked it, i think i will make it again only jazz up the heat factor some.