Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Finger-Licking Curried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 skinless chicken pieces (breast, drumstick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
This is crazy good!!!!!!!!!!! To the moon and back with stars!!!!!!!!!! I used thighs and a jalapeno as my hot pepper. The recipe said add cayenne in the instructions but not in the ingredients so I added 1/4 tsp. Did 1/8 tsp dried thyme. Also, I had put the onion in the marinade as instructed in step 2 so I didn't see any more onions so later I ignored step 9 and it turned out just fine. I marinated my chicken for 2 hours. I used chicken broth instead of water too. After the first 30 minutes, I added the potatoes then covered my skillet and turned down to low heat for the last 30 minutes;(because the chicken was cooked and I didn't want it to burn off my remaining sauce) It cooked the potatoes wonderfully that way. I really enjoyed this curried chicken, it is not too spicy, just flavorful with a little kick. Thanks for the recipe, will make again and again!!!!!!!!