Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fine Herbs classic French herb seasoning mix is easy to make at home. Make it fresh or used dried herbs and store it for future use. Recipe is easily multiplied, but I recommend making only as much of the dried version as you will use within 1 month so it remains as fresh as possible.
- 4 teaspoons tarragon, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons chervil, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme, Chopped
- Combine the dried herbs. Place in a glass jar and seal tightly. Store in a cool, dark place up to 4 months.
- Combine tarragon, chervil, chives, thyme, and parsley. Add fresh Fines Herbs at the end of the cooking process to preserve their flavor.
This was easy to make, though I could not find chervil anywhere, even checked more than one farmer's market for fresh ~ definitely didn't see it dried. So I had to work without it. I used all dried herbs for this recipe and I will use this seasoning in my recipe for Tomato Soup With Fines Herbes (Soupe a La Tomate Aux Fines Herbe. I'll also give this mix in jars for the holidays! Thanks DJBiker ~ made for MY 3 CHEFS, November 2009!