Saw this recipe in magazine, TRUE! Another one that JUMPED out at me too, Versatile, easy to do, Can substitute Ground Beef or Chicken, TRUE! HOPE you'll try it, let us all know, Is it a keeper? HOPE someone will say so!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic (Fresh from Store Bought Jar or 2 cloves garlic, Personal preference re taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 500 g lean ground lamb (or 500 g beef mince or 500 g ground chicken, can be substituted )
- 200 g sweet potatoes (Kumera)
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce (Store Bought or 2 tablespoons fresh mint )
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 200 C; Line tray with Baking Paper.
- 2Heat Oil in pan, ADD onion and cook until soft; ADD Garlic, Cumin and Coriander; STIR for about 30 seconds.
- 3ADD Ground Lamb, and increase heat to HIGH; COOK until meat is browned.
- 4PEEL and GRATE Kumera/Sweet Potato and ADD; Cook for about 10 minutes; COOL.
- 5DIVIDE mixture into 8 portions and place a sheet of FILO onto a clean surface; NOTE: If you have not dealt with FILO before, make sure you cover remaining sheets with a clean towel until ready to use.
- 6SPRAY Filo with Cooking Oil (Can Also use Pastry Brush using oil lightly over the Filo Pastry).
- 7Place 1 portion of Lamb and FOLD Filo Pastry in half to form a Triangle; Continue folding to form a Triangle; Repeat same with all 8 portions.
- 8Place Triangles in Tray and spray with oil.
- 9BAKE about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 10Combine Yogurt and Mint Sauce (or Chopped Fresh Mint) with Yoghurt Sauce; Serve with Traingles and.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filo Lamb Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.1
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 306.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: