Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this recipe in magazine, TRUE! Another one that JUMPED out at me too, Versatile, easy to do, Can substitute Ground Beef or Chicken, TRUE! HOPE you'll try it, let us all know, Is it a keeper? HOPE someone will say so!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic (Fresh from Store Bought Jar or 2 cloves garlic, Personal preference re taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 500 g lean ground lamb (or 500 g beef mince or 500 g ground chicken, can be substituted )
- 200 g sweet potatoes (Kumera)
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce (Store Bought or 2 tablespoons fresh mint )
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200 C; Line tray with Baking Paper.
- Heat Oil in pan, ADD onion and cook until soft; ADD Garlic, Cumin and Coriander; STIR for about 30 seconds.
- ADD Ground Lamb, and increase heat to HIGH; COOK until meat is browned.
- PEEL and GRATE Kumera/Sweet Potato and ADD; Cook for about 10 minutes; COOL.
- DIVIDE mixture into 8 portions and place a sheet of FILO onto a clean surface; NOTE: If you have not dealt with FILO before, make sure you cover remaining sheets with a clean towel until ready to use.
- SPRAY Filo with Cooking Oil (Can Also use Pastry Brush using oil lightly over the Filo Pastry).
- Place 1 portion of Lamb and FOLD Filo Pastry in half to form a Triangle; Continue folding to form a Triangle; Repeat same with all 8 portions.
- Place Triangles in Tray and spray with oil.
- BAKE about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine Yogurt and Mint Sauce (or Chopped Fresh Mint) with Yoghurt Sauce; Serve with Traingles and.
This was the perfect recipe for the ground lamb I had on hand. I did add a bit of cayenne pepper and salt, and had to substitute red potato for sweet potato. These tasted like the appetizers we order from our indian restaurant!