Recipe by Bec
While you prepare the cookies, kids can prepare the creme filling and help put them together!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (to sour milk -- 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup milk) or 1 cup sour milk (to sour milk -- 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup milk)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar in large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to cream mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie springs back when lightly touched in the center; cool.
- Prepare creme filling: cream butter; gradually beat in marshmallow creme.
- Blend in vanilla and confectioner's sugar.
- Beat to spreading consistency.
- Spread bottom of one cookie with 1 tablespoon filling and cover with another cookie.