Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another great way to prepare steaks! Recipe is from Family Circle. This recipe calls for steaks to be made under the broiler. I also prepare my steaks on the grill during nice weather.
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces presliced mixed mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce, such as A-1
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Heat broiler; coat broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place on prepared pan and broil for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare or until internal temperature reads 130 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in steak sauce, onion flakes, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve with steaks.