Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A very simple appetizer that was served at food tasting event we attended. The simplicity of this recipe allows the quality of the ingredients to shine.
- 12 fresh figs, stemmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 24 country ham, very thin slices (6 to 8 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the broiler and lightly grease a broiler pan. Set aside.
- Wrap one slice of ham around each fig half and place on the prepared pan with the cut side up.
- Broil 3 minutes. Serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
I did cut this recipe back to just 1/3 & using 4 figs, as I was doing it as a test run before deciding to double it another time when I host a monthly gathering! So very simple to make this distinctly different & very tasty appetizer, & it will be a very welcome part of my finger food selection, as long as I can get the figs! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]