Figs With Marsala and Orange
- Combine orange juice, and wine into a stainless steel sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Mix in honey and zest and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Place figs in pan and gently roll them in the syrup over low heat to poach them for 2 minutes.
- You do not want to cook or soften them but remain intact.
- Remove from heat, add orange blossom water or rose water and let cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve slightly chilled, coating the figs with the syrup.