Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
French Jam from French cooking.com
Make and share this Fig Confiture recipe from Food.com.
- Pour boiling water over the figs and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Lift the figs out of the boiling water, stem and quarter. Set aside.
- Wash the lemons well and slice very thin with a mandoline or very sharp knife.
- In a preserving or other 5 qt or larger nonreactive pan, add figs, sugar, lemons, honey and thyme. Bring to a boil that cannot be stirred down, and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a ceramic or glass bowl, cover with parchment, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and simmer 45 minutes or longer, until it is aromatic and thickened.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and fill hot jars with hot jam. Wipe the jars, place new lids and finger tighten rings. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.