Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
On my list of recipes to try. Described as an unusual pie that is sweet but sophisicated.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the figs, walnuts, heavy cream, and cinnamon; bring back to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the filling into the prepared pie crust; let the filling cool to room temperature.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the filling is completely set (at least 3 hours and up to 3 days).