Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook5 hrs 30 mins
Make fig jam when you have lots of fresh figs and you have grown tired of eating them out of hand.
Make and share this Fig and Ginger Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the figs, sugar, water, lemon, and ginger in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Remove the lid, turn the cooking temperature to HIGH, and cook 2-3 hours longer, until the jam reaches your desired consistency.
- Ladle the warm jam into clean spring-top glasses (or use screw tops with new lids); let stand until cool.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- OR spoon into small plastic storage containers and freeze for up to 2 months.
This is a dynamite recipe - tasty and making this jame in the slow cooker/crock pot is just the ticket during the red hot dog days of summer. I've begun adapting other jam recipes to the slow cooker it works so well. I did add 1/2 Tbl of vanilla to this recipe (actually vanilla powder, but it makes no difference) and the flavor is wonderful!