Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hot spaghetti tossed with spicy tomatoes, onion and black beans for an easy meatless entrée with a Tex-Mex twist
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sauce, undrained tomatoes, beans and cumin. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet and toss with tomato mixture.
- COOK'S TIPS: Breaking spaghetti in half before cooking will make it easier to toss with tomato mixture. Use Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies for a milder-flavored dish. Spaghetti may be topped with shredded cheese, sour cream or green onions, if desired.