Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this for years, and it is one of my favorite accompaniments to saucy barbecued ribs (or anything similar).
- 473.18 ml yellow cornmeal
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 425.24 g can cream-style corn
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, about 4 oz
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Like the other reviewers I thoroughly enjoyed your cornbread, & the cream corn definitely is great in it! Well worth making again & again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!@ [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
I should have put in a review of this months ago. I made my first batch probably shortly after it was posted. I've since made it several times. It is my favourite cornbread. I too, cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8x8 pan and reduce the cooking time to about 25 minutes. Also, I've always used frozen corn, but I want to try using creamed corn. For a lower fat version, I like to use a lower fat sharp cheese.
This moist and delicious cornbread was wonderful served with chili. I reduced the salt, added a dash of sugar, and baked my half-batch in an 8x8" pan for 25 minutes. Thanks for sharing a great KEEPER recipe!