My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Drain tomatoes and green chiles, reserving liquid from each together in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup. Add water to reserved liquid to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- 2Chop tomatoes; set tomato and chiles aside.
- 3Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add rice, onion, and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until rice is golden.
- 4Stir tomato, green chiles, reserved 1 cup liquid, chicken and remaining ingredients into rice mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 6Yields: 6 servings.
- 7WW Points: 4 pt.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken and Rice(4 Ww Points)
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 252.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 19.3 g