Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain tomatoes and green chiles, reserving liquid from each together in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup. Add water to reserved liquid to measure 1 cup; set aside.
- Chop tomatoes; set tomato and chiles aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add rice, onion, and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until rice is golden.
- Stir tomato, green chiles, reserved 1 cup liquid, chicken and remaining ingredients into rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Yields: 6 servings.
- WW Points: 4 pt.