Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These burgers are a recipe that I put together when one son wanted burgers for dinner, and the other wanted burritos. Luckily it worked out that Mom saved the day and both my guys were happy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (chopped kind)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion (minced super fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large hamburger buns
- In a saucepan, mix together the refried beans, the 1/2 cup onions (minced super fine), the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Heat over a med-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, the beaten egg, the taco seasoning, and the can of drained diced green chilies.
- Form into 4 equal patties.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook burgers for about 8-10 minutes per side over med-high heat.
- Spread taco sauce on the bottom buns and sour cream on the top buns.
- Place a hamburger patty on each bottom bun.
- Spread some of the seasoned refried beans over each patty (about a 1/4 cup each burger).
- Top the refried beans on each burger with equal portions of the shredded cheddar.
- Place tomato slices on each burger.
- Place some of the shredded lettuce on each burger.
- Top with the top bun.
What a great idea! I loved these - they really did satisfy the need for both burritos and burgers. I used some chopped jalapenos instead of mild chiles. I might even add some black olives to the refried bean mixture sometime. Thanks for posting!
These were very good. I had to omit the onions do to my husbands alergies, but it did not affect the taste as I put onion in the one I had. I had a problem in that they were too moist. I am wondering if the egg should be ommitted, or perhaps the can of chilies should be drained. This was however a great recipe. I had one burger left that I am going to use on nachos Sunday. I bet it will be awesome. Leanne