1/1 Photo of Fiesta Burrito Burgers
Bert's Kitchen Witch's Note:
These burgers are a recipe that I put together when one son wanted burgers for dinner, and the other wanted burritos. Luckily it worked out that Mom saved the day and both my guys were happy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (chopped kind)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup onion (minced super fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1In a saucepan, mix together the refried beans, the 1/2 cup onions (minced super fine), the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- 2Heat over a med-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, the beaten egg, the taco seasoning, and the can of drained diced green chilies.
- 4Form into 4 equal patties.
- 5In a 12-inch skillet, cook burgers for about 8-10 minutes per side over med-high heat.
- 6Spread taco sauce on the bottom buns and sour cream on the top buns.
- 7Place a hamburger patty on each bottom bun.
- 8Spread some of the seasoned refried beans over each patty (about a 1/4 cup each burger).
- 9Top the refried beans on each burger with equal portions of the shredded cheddar.
- 10Place tomato slices on each burger.
- 11Place some of the shredded lettuce on each burger.
- 12Top with the top bun.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Burrito Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 1671.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 43.8 g