Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fiery chillies and cooling yogurt contrast beautifully with each other in this simple salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, into wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Stir in the chile and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas well and stir into the onion mixture.
- Add the yogurt and stir well together until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve with the lime wedges.
Ummm...YUM!!This is one of those simple salads that just screams delish to me. I replaced the corriander with parsley (personal pref) and doubled the chilli. We scooped ours onto toasted Greek flat bread and ate it as a snack. Served on a bed of shredded letuce and cubed tomatoes makes a great lunch. Add cubed tomatoes and cucumber for another taste variation. A very refreshing salad, thanks for sharing!!