Recipe by Lene
Fiery chillies and cooling yogurt contrast beautifully with each other in this simple salad.
Top Review by Stardustannie
Ummm...YUM!!This is one of those simple salads that just screams delish to me. I replaced the corriander with parsley (personal pref) and doubled the chilli. We scooped ours onto toasted Greek flat bread and ate it as a snack. Served on a bed of shredded letuce and cubed tomatoes makes a great lunch. Add cubed tomatoes and cucumber for another taste variation. A very refreshing salad, thanks for sharing!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, into wedges, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Stir in the chile and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas well and stir into the onion mixture.
- Add the yogurt and stir well together until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve with the lime wedges.