Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this delicious and "Oh So Spicy" shrimp dish with baguettes of hot French bread, generous napkins and a bowl for the shrimp shells. Truly a feast to enjoy and finger licking good. This came from a newspaper probably 15 years ago!
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb margarine, melted
- 3 -4 fluid ounces Worcestershire sauce (3/8 to 1/2 cup)
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (sea salt, is best)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 lemons, 2 juiced and 2 sliced
- 5 -6 lbs raw shrimp, in their shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the lemon slices and the shrimp.
- Pour about 1/2 cup sauce to cover the bottom of a large baking dish and then arrange layer of shrimp and lemon slices until you come almost to the top of the dish.
- Leave about 1" of headroom.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp and lemon slices.
- Bake uncovered, stirring once or twice until the shrimp are cooked throughout, about 15 to 20 minutes.
It was definitly not spicy as was expected. Disappointed.
Wow Tweeky!!! This was a great recipe. I served this for my husband's birthday dinner and this was fabulous. We loved the flavor and boy was it simple. I was very nice to have a shrimp recipe that was not loaded down with garlic. The flavor combo was extraordinary. The most difficult part of the meal for me was that I couldn't find ground rosemary in my grocery store. I bought it in leaf form and ground it by hand. It was still pretty course but it still taste wonderful. I decrease the amount of shrimp to about 4lbs. but left the 'sauce' amount alone. I suggest serving this with a really crust french bread to soak all of the great juice. Be prepared....this recipe is a messy one to eat!!! Thanks Tweeky!