Recipe by BirdyBaker
This is a great way to prepare those delightful fiddlehead ferns that are picked in the spring. If you prefer your fiddleheads softer, boil them for a longer time. The time listed in the recipe leaves the fiddleheads crunchy. Very yummy!!!
- 1 lb fiddlehead, ferns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room Temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 drops fresh lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fiddleheads and remove skins; trim off the ends.
- If using fresh fiddleheads, cook in 4 quart rapidly.
- boiling, salted water for 20 seconds. Refresh under.
- cold water and drain.
- To prepare escargot butter, cream butter and gradually.
- whisk in remaining ingredients. (Recipe can be.
- prepared ahead to this stage.) Just before serving,.
- melt escargot butter in a large frying pan over high.
- heat. Add ferns, either cooked or canned (drained, if.
- canned) and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until.
- thoroughly heated.