Recipe by Dave Dallas
Kitchen aromas are at their tantalizing best when preparing this sofrito. The addition of a German Riesling completes this wonderful process. Served over a bed of hot cooked fettuccinine, the only requirement of the diner is to take his or her time to savor the experience!
Top Review by *Parsley*
A great fettcccine dish without heavy cream or tons of butter!!! The Riesling is perfect for this. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. This makes a wonderful, filling meatless meal. Thanx!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (Riesling or any Liebfraumilch recommended)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed (or 1 celery stalk finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (tops and all)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces hot cooked fettuccine pasta