Fettuccine With Prosciutto, Tomatoes, and Cream
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and sauté until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to paper towels.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Add garlic and sauté 15 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream, parsley, and 1/2 cup cheese. Bring to boil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to pasta in bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto and serve, passing additional cheese alongside.