Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like, you can substitute pancetta for the prosciutto
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes with juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and sauté until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to paper towels.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Add garlic and sauté 15 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream, parsley, and 1/2 cup cheese. Bring to boil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to pasta in bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto and serve, passing additional cheese alongside.