Recipe by currybunny
Yes, I know there are other tomato sausage pasta recipes here, but this one is a bit different and by far my favourite! The semi sundried tomatoes and sage add a lot of flavour; any pasta can be used. This is based on a recipe from "Super Food Ideas" - we love it at my house, hope you do too!
Top Review by PanNan
A good quick and easy recipe for a weeknight. I used sweet Italian turkey sausage, and it was nice with the sauce. I didn't have the semi sun-dried tomatoes, and will have to try that next time. If using the regular sun-dried again, I think I'll reduce the quantity, as they were a little strong. The sage was a very nice touch. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 spicy sausage (such as chorizo)
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, roughly chopped
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml cream (can use lite)
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 400 g fettuccine or 400 g pasta, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in frying pan, cook sausages for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and chop roughly, cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to medium heat and add garlic, crushed and sundried tomatoes, white wine and cream and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Stir cooked sausage, spring onions and sage through sauce, season to taste.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls and spoon over sauce.