1/3 Photos of Fettuccine With Creamy Tomato Sausage Sauce
Yes, I know there are other tomato sausage pasta recipes here, but this one is a bit different and by far my favourite! The semi sundried tomatoes and sage add a lot of flavour; any pasta can be used. This is based on a recipe from "Super Food Ideas" - we love it at my house, hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 spicy sausage (such as chorizo)
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, roughly chopped
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml cream (can use lite)
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 400 g fettuccine or 400 g pasta, of choice
- 1Heat olive oil in frying pan, cook sausages for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2Remove from pan and chop roughly, cover to keep warm.
- 3Return pan to medium heat and add garlic, crushed and sundried tomatoes, white wine and cream and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- 6Stir cooked sausage, spring onions and sage through sauce, season to taste.
- 7Divide pasta among serving bowls and spoon over sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Creamy Tomato Sausage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.9
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 254.8 mg
- Sodium 1306.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: