Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yes, I know there are other tomato sausage pasta recipes here, but this one is a bit different and by far my favourite! The semi sundried tomatoes and sage add a lot of flavour; any pasta can be used. This is based on a recipe from "Super Food Ideas" - we love it at my house, hope you do too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 spicy sausage (such as chorizo)
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, roughly chopped
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml cream (can use lite)
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 400 g fettuccine or 400 g pasta, of choice
- Heat olive oil in frying pan, cook sausages for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and chop roughly, cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to medium heat and add garlic, crushed and sundried tomatoes, white wine and cream and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Stir cooked sausage, spring onions and sage through sauce, season to taste.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls and spoon over sauce.
A good quick and easy recipe for a weeknight. I used sweet Italian turkey sausage, and it was nice with the sauce. I didn't have the semi sun-dried tomatoes, and will have to try that next time. If using the regular sun-dried again, I think I'll reduce the quantity, as they were a little strong. The sage was a very nice touch. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I did use Chorizos which I never used in a tomato sauce I go for Italian hot sausage. Which would work great with the fresh sage! Not this wasn`t good! I liked the change. Loved the sun dried tomatoes. I used twice the amount of crushed tomatoes. I used fat free 1/2 & 1/2 which seperated a bit. ( my fault but no big deal)So go for the real thing or none at all. Thanks!
I really liked this, Hubby doesn't really like creamy tomato sauces but he said this one was ok, which is good for him. But i thought it was very good! I used sundried tomatoes in oil since not sure what semi-dried ones are. And also used crumbled italian sausage. Thanks for a new pasta dish!