1/3 Photos of Fettuccine With Asparagus in Lemon Cream Sauce
I can't wait to try this! From one of my favorite standby cookbooks- Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 lb asparagus, stalks peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook fettuccine until al dente in a large pot of boiling water.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add the garlic and asparagus and saute, tossing constantly, 2 minutes.
- 4Pour in about 2 tablespoons of water and cover the pan.
- 5Cook until the asparagus are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Combine the cream, milk, lemon rind, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour over the asparagus and bring to a boil.
- 8Drain the fettuccine and return to the pot.
- 9Pour on the asparagus sauce, toss, and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Asparagus in Lemon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.9
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 474.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of