1/1 Photo of Fettuccine With Asparagus
This quick and easy dish is a wonderful way to combine fresh asparagus with pasta in a red sauce. It caught my eye initially as an alternative pasta dish for those who can't eat cream sauce preparations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 453.59 g can italian tomatoes with juice, diced
- 1.23 ml salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 19.71 ml dried parsley
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, trimmed to use upper ends only
- 226.79 g fettuccine pasta or 226.79 g pasta, of your choice
- 29.58 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve at the table, as desired
- 1Heat water for the pasta.
- 2In a separate skillet, heat the oil; add garlic, tomatoes, pepper, salt, and parsley and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring now and then to mix ingredients.
- 3Add the asparagus; cover and simmer until stalks are not quite tender when you touch with a fork.
- 4Remove from the heat and leave the cover on, which will allow the asparagus to tenderize a bit more.
- 5Cook and drain the pasta; put in a serving bowl.
- 6Add the skillet mixture to the bowl and 2T parmesan cheese; toss well.
- 7Add additional parmesan cheese at the table, as preferred.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g