Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use ready made white sauce or make your own (which is easy and cheap). The inclusion of tofu means that this dish contains twice as much protein as it does fat. It is also impressively high in fibre (not to mention flavour!)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Put tofu on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Cook pasta until al dente and set aside.
- Cook the button mushrooms in the pan with 1 1/2 tbsp of the lemon juice. Do the same for the field mushrooms.
- Mix the pasta, tofu, asparagus, button mushrooms and pepper.
- Season if desired and add the white sauce; mix well.
- Place a field mushroom on a plate and spoon over the pasta. Top with the chives.