You can use ready made white sauce or make your own (which is easy and cheap). The inclusion of tofu means that this dish contains twice as much protein as it does fat. It is also impressively high in fibre (not to mention flavour!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Put tofu on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- 3Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
- 4Cook pasta until al dente and set aside.
- 5Cook the button mushrooms in the pan with 1 1/2 tbsp of the lemon juice. Do the same for the field mushrooms.
- 6Mix the pasta, tofu, asparagus, button mushrooms and pepper.
- 7Season if desired and add the white sauce; mix well.
- 8Place a field mushroom on a plate and spoon over the pasta. Top with the chives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 823.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g